A.R.T & CARACOLE Brands:
Caracole Collections are Finely Handcrafted Products, Each Piece as Superbly Constructed as it is Uniquely Designed; You have Selected Furniture with the Ultimate in Design, Craftsmanship and Engineering Using the Finest Materials and Superior Workmanship; Care and Attention has Gone into Each Detail to add Beauty and Value to Every Piece.
- Frame Construction Frames are Made with Kiln-Dried Wood and Engineered Wood Products that are Assembled Using Interlocking Joints, Dowels, Glue and Staples Producing Superior Quality Internal Structure; Corner and Support Blocks are Used for Added Strength and Durability
- Coil Construction Constructed with 8.5 Gauge Sinuous Wire Springs that are Connected by a Cross Wire to Provide Leveled Support and Comfort; Double Springing is Used on Arm Ends to Reinforce Support; All Springs Have A Rust Resistant Finish to Prolong the Life of the Product
- Padding & Ergonomics Finest Quality Seat Cushion Systems that Consist of Layers of High-Density Foam and Fiber to Provide the Ultimate in Seating Comfort.
- Fabric & Upholstery Fabric Content All Fabrics Undergo a Series of 11 Tests to Determine Seam Strength, Wearability, Overall Strength and Amount of Stretch; These Tests are Recommended by the American Society for Testing Standard
- Using a UV finishing process on our drawer interiors provides the smoothest and most durable finish available from any manufactures. This ensures snag-free storage for even the most delicate hosiery and lingerie.
- Sophisticated wire management and ventilation solutions are engineered into every A.R.T. piece with media function to aid in ease of set up and to ensure the longest possible life for electronic components.
- Aromatic red cedar lining lines the bottom drawers of our bedroom storage product.
- Jewelry trays and silverware liners in key bedroom and dining pieces provide for the safe keeping of valuables.
- English dovetailing has been the standard of quality and fine craftsmanship in drawer construction for over three centuries. All A.R.T. collections feature English dovetailing throughout, unless prohibited due to the curve of the drawer.
- Dust proofing is used on all cases with wood on wood guides to prevent dust and debris from soiling clothes and linens.
- Drawer guides – Collections developed before 2012 feature wood on wood guides which have been the standard of quality for generations of furniture craftsmen.
- Modern consumers demand the ease of use and convenience of full-extension drawer guides. In 2012, A.R.T. transitioned to full extension guides to meet this demand. All collections from 2012 forward offer this feature.
HOOKER FURNITURE BRAND:
- Drawer Construction Hooker Furniture offers full height, full depth and full width drawers for maximum storage capacity. All drawers have strong, time-tested English or French dovetail construction, for years of problem-free use. Plywood drawer bottoms are attached to plywood drawer sides for strength and durability. Full extension wood-on-wood or metal glide drawer systems operate smoothly.
- Finish Construction: Hooker Furniture utilizes a multiple-step finish process of up to 16 finish steps. This results in an unsurpassed clarity, depth and color richness and durability to our finishes. Through hand-craftsmanship such as rubbing and padding, our finishes feel as good as they look, with a smoothness that is delightful to the touch.
- Frame Construction: Hooker Furniture uses carefully chosen solid wood and select wood veneers over durable wood products in our furniture construction. Use of veneers enables more decorative looks unattainable with solid wood. Veneers are used over durable wood products such as medium density fiberboard (MDF) and particle board, made of renewable resources. MDF and particle board are used in quality furniture for areas that need to be stable, such as large surfaces. These durable wood products do not expand and contract with heat and cold and do not absorb moisture as much as solid wood, which results in stronger and longer-lasting furniture.
- Fabrics: All fabric compositions are unique to the induvidual product. Please see each listing for information.